Around April of 2011 I moved to San Francisco and really amped up my commitment to health and wellness.
Okay so really it came down to looking good naked.
One of the major changes I made was to drink an alkalizing green drink every morning. Along with cutting out/minimizing foods we all know we shouldn’t eat and training for a triathalon, I lost 3 inches off my waist.
It was incredible. I have been a 34-inch waste since I can remember buying pants. One day I went shopping and had to go back 3 times to settle on a 31-inch waste in jeans.
I couldn’t believe it.
But I attribute green drinks as a major player in that change.
They alkaline my body. That produces two things:
1 – Long story short, it reduces inflammation
…in me that’s the Asian Buddha belly.
The days I eat crap and the days I don’t eat refined flour carbs, sugars, dairy, red meat & then drink my green drink. It allows my cells to relax and let go.
And let go they do.
Many people starting out find that they spend extra time on the toilet. Don’t let that discourage you! Your body is purging crap (literally) that it’s been holding on to because it’s stressed out by the wear and tear of processed foods.
2 – Along with that comes a renewed energy.
Your body is somewhere on a spectrum where one end is alkaline and the other end is acid (remember junior high chemistry? No you don’t. But follow along): remember acid burns crap? Yeah that’s one end of this spectrum, and on the other is the exact opposite = alkaline. Imagine the purest water, streams, fish, and rainbows.
The first thing they usually do in the emergency is hook you up to an saline solution. Saline solution hydrates you super fast and brings your body to the alkaline end of the spectrum because the trauma that brought you to the hospital in the first place either came from being on the acidic side of the spectrum OR your body goes to the acidic side as a symptom of the problem.
***this is incredibly simplified and I’m NOT a doctor.
Put this in your mix of health & wellness for a week or two and see for yourself.
- Spinach - handful
- Kale - handful
- Lemon - 1 large or 2 small
- Ginger - 2-3 slices of the root
- Orange - 1 large
- Coconut Water or purified Water - 16oz
- Banana - half
- Apple - half or whole
- Mango or Pineapple (i get frozen from Trader Joes)
- Trader Joes Greens Mix -
- Spirulina Powder - http://amzn.to/14o3Qq3
- Blue Berries
- Acai - Sambazon frozen or juice
- Peel ginger, cut a slices equivalent to half a pinky finger tip; ginger goes in first.
- Peel oranges and lemons, they go in second.
- Peel banana, slice apple, put those in 3rd.
- Add Spinach + Kale.
- Pour coconut water in slowly until it's covering about 1/3 of your contents
- HUGE TIP: water is the key to your blender processing the mix. most make the mistake of not enough water and the blender doesn't catch all the ingredients…don't drown your mix, but better to have a little MORE than a little less liquid.